You just got a last minute invite to a holiday party, Goodwill is fresh out of ugly sweaters, and you’ve only got a few hours to look your festivest (yes, I just made that word up). Then you think to yourself W.W.T.L.D.? What would the Lala do?
Well friends, here are our quick tips to get holiday party ready in under 20 minutes and $20 bucks, leaving you more time to rock out to Mariah Carey Christmas tunes and more money to spend on Bailey’s for your hot cocoa.
Our foolproof holiday party outfit tips:
- Skip the ugly sweater, grab an old sweatshirt or flannel from your closet and some iron-on letters (or fabric paint) and make a festive statement shirt. Need some saying ideas? Here are some of our favorites:
- “Merry Christmas ya filthy animal”
- “Fa la la la la” (biased towards lalas)
- Grab 11 friends and be the 12 days of Christmas
- “Baby it’s cold outside”
- “Santa Baby”
- “All I want for Christmas is
- Channel your inner reindeer and tie jingle bells onto your shoe laces.
- Grab a holly garland, wrap it around your head, feel magical.
- Feel extra magical and weave a strand of battery-powered twinkle lights into your crown.
- Complete your look with a bold red lip and extra holiday cheer.
Don’t forget to Instagram your holiday looks and tag @followbrightwomen!